Dave is a clinical psychologist and has recently been awarded Australian Psychologist of the Year 2023. He is a respected therapist and speaker with expertise in gender and sexual diversity, self-worth, and resilience.
Dave is the founder and director of Q Psychology, Melbourne’s leading private psychology practice for the LGBTQIAP+ community with clinics in St Kilda, Carlton, and Geelong. Through his dynamic and authentic approach to psychological wellbeing, he leads a team committed to delivering high-quality mental health support to clients. As a respected mental health speaker and expert, Dave regularly presents for media and other organisations.
Dave holds several other roles:
- – Member of the City of Port Phillip’s LGBTQIAP+ Advisory committee to Council
- – Podcast host: Meet Q
- – Deakin university associated research and supervisor
- – Mental Health Subject Matter Expert for Movember (2021-2023)
- – United Nations: UNAIDS Asia-Pacific Chemsex clinician toolkit advisory team
- – Chair of the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists Victoria Section (2020-2022)